Have you recently missed your flight on Southwest Airlines? If so, there is nothing to get worried about. First, you should learn Southwest Airlines missed flights policy and then try to rebook another flight.
Southwest Airlines permits its passengers to rebook the missed flights as they understand the valid reasons behind not catching the flight on time. If you are late due to traffic or other valid reasons, the airline will reschedule another flight on the same day.
To get the complete details on missed flights, you have to look into the complete post.
What happens if you miss a Southwest Airlines flight?
It is quite common to miss a flight on any airline. Southwest Airlines completely understands such situations and permits their passengers to fly on the next available flight only when they arrive within 2 hours before departure.
To get additional information, you have to go through the points mentioned below.
- It is a must to inform the airline so that they can arrange the next available flight for you without any charges. If you don’t do the same, the airline will apply the no-show policy on your ticket.
- You have to call the airline’s representatives at least 10 minutes before departure and inform them about your situation.
- Or, you may rebook the missed flight to the same destination. If there is no flight available on the same day, the airline will add you on the priority list so that you can travel on the immediate next flight.
If you have any further doubts regarding the same, call one of the live representatives at the airline at any time and get immediate solutions. If you are hesitant in making a call, visit the official website of the airline to make your doubts clear.
Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Policy
As we have mentioned above, it is mandatory to check out the missed flight policy for Southwest Airlines. Sometimes, you are unable to catch the flight on time due to any reason. That is why the airline allows you to rebook such flights without any hassle.
To know more about the same, you may look into the following missed flight policy of Southwest Airlines.
- According to the Southwest missed flight policy, if you inform the airline about the missed flight, then the airline will not apply any no-show charges.
- In case passengers don’t pay the no-show charges, Southwest Airlines will cancel the whole value of your ticket.
- After informing the airline about the missed flight, you may easily travel on the next available flight on the same day without paying any charges.
- You are also allowed to ask for a refund for the unused ticket only when you don;t want to travel on the next available flight.
Proceed further to know how to reschedule your booking with Southwest Airlines.
How to Rebook Southwest Airlines Missed Flight?
Well, it is not very difficult to reschedule a missed flight with Southwest Airlines. Since the airline has a simple policy that permits its passengers to rebook their flights on the same day.
You are permitted to rebook flights offline and online as per your preference. Here, we have given step-by-step instructions for each method.
Rebook Southwest Flight Online
- Firstly, you need to access your account by using correct credentials and check whether you are allowed to reschedule the flight or not.
- The airline will allow you to rebook the flight only when you arrive within 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Next, click on the Manage Trip section and choose the delayed option.
- Type in the last name of the passenger and a different date.
- Enter the last name of the reservation to check the availability of the rescheduling flight.
- Enter the required information to proceed further.
- Finally, save the changes and wait for the confirmation email from the airline’s end.
Rebook Southwest Flight Offline
Another method for rescheduling missed flights is to get in touch with a live person of Southwest Airlines. For this, you just need to dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Phone Number and wait until the call connects.
After that, it is a must to tell them the reason for the missed flight and provide the mandatory information. Then, pay the fees if any and wait for the confirmation email from the airline’s end.
How Much is the Southwest Airlines Missed Flight Fees?
Are you worried about paying the fees after missing a flight on Southwest? Stop getting worried as we may help you out. If you are thinking about how much does the airline charge on missing a flight. If so, check out the following information.
- Then, you would be glad to know that the airline doesn’t charge any fees if you have missed the flight due to a valid reason.
- However, it is a must to inform the airline about your missed flight. Otherwise, Southwest will apply no show policy on your ticket. And it will result in the cancellation of the total value of your ticket.
- If you have missed a non-refundable ticket, then the airline will charge a fee between $ 75 and $400 per ticket.
One and only way to avoid a penalty is to inform the airline on time about the missed flight. To get more information about the same, you should get through the official website of Southwest Airlines.
Are you still struggling with rebooking your flight on Southwest Airlines? Don’t panic as the airline’s representatives are always here to provide you the right direction. You may get in touch with them and ask anything related to Southwest Airlines missed flight policy.
You just need to dial the Southwest Airlines Customer Service Number and talk to a live person at any time.