Have you recently made the reservation with Southwest Airlines but entered the wrong name on the ticket? If so, you must check out the Southwest Airlines name change policy. The airline permits its passengers to make corrections.
Southwest Airlines allows its travelers to make corrections up to four characters on the ticket. Additionally, the airline doesn’t allow any third-party to make corrections via creating a new PNR. To request the name corrections on the plane ticket, you have to contact the Southwest Airlines customer service.
Take a glance at the following post to get the complete details about policy and process to make corrections.
Can I change the name on the Southwest Airlines ticket?
Yes, passengers are allowed to make corrections up to four characters. However, the airline doesn’t allow you to change the ownership of the ticket. They are only permitted to make changes in the first, middle, or last name on the ticket.
Go further to learn the name change policy of Southwest Airlines.
Southwest Airlines name change policy
According to the Southwest name correction policy, you are not permitted to change the complete name on the ticket. If you have mistakenly entered an incorrect name on the ticket, you have to cancel the entire ticket within 24 hours of booking.
Get through the following points to learn more about the Southwest name change policy.
- If you have made the reservations via codeshare agreement partners or interline, then the airline will only permit you to make changes on the flight segment.
- The airline will apply the most restrictive fare rules at the time of changing the name on the flight ticket.
- When you have successfully changed the name on the ticket, you will be required to choose seats again. Also, you are not allowed to change seats between the new PNR and the old one.
- As per the Southwest Airlines name change policy, you have to cancel the ticket in case of entering the wrong name on the ticket. And then, you can ask for a refund on them.
- As a Southwest rapid reward member, you cannot request the name change on your flight ticket as per the name change policy.
- You are not allowed to transfer the ownership of the existing PNR.
- Once you have changed the name, the airline will send a ticket issuance. And, the airline will collect the fare for the same under the policy.
Now, you may move further to get the rules and process of changing the name on your Southwest flight ticket.
Southwest Airlines name change on ticket: Rules to follow
Before applying the steps to make corrections, you must check out the following rules. There can be two situations while changing the name on the ticket. You might be either changing the name before the ticket is issued or after the ticket is issued.
You have to follow the given rules as per your situations.
Before the ticket is issued
- You are only allowed to make name correction up to four characters to the first, middle or the last name on the ticket.
- As per the Southwest Airlines name change policy, you cannot make requests to change the passengers type code, DOB, gender, or other contact details.
- If you want to change up to four characters, connect with the Southwest Airlines representatives via dialing the customer service phone number.
- You have to submit the legal documents to request changing the name after marriage or divorce.
After the ticket is issued
- Issued tickets cannot be transferred as per the Southwest name correction policy. Also, you are not allowed to make changes to the issued tickets other than legal cases such as marriage or divorce.
- You have to contact the Southwest Airlines customer service to change the name in the legal cases. You have to submit the legal documents in such cases.
How to change name on the Southwest Airlines ticket?
Do you also want to make corrections on your ticket? If yes, the given information may help you to do the same. Ensure that the name changing request can also be raised offline via contacting Southwest customer service.
Have a look at the following online and offline process to make name corrections on your tickets.
- The first step is to visit the official website of the airline (www.southwest.com).
- And then, choose the Manage Booking option and type in the reservation code along with the passenger name.
- Now, choose the Retrieve booking option to get your flight details.
- A page will display on the screen where you have to tap on the change name option.
- You are allowed to request name changes on the Business Select and Anytime fares.
- Type in the correct name up to four characters on the first, middle, or the last name.
- Finally, you have to pay the name change fee and wait for the confirmation mail from the airline.
- Before calling the Southwest’ representatives, you must have the six-digit booking reference code.
- Now, dial the Southwest Airlines customer service number to request the name change on the ticket.
- To change the name, you have to submit the legal documents that have your correct name.
- Once the name is changed, pay the fee and check your email.
- At last, the airline will send you the confirmation email along with the new e-ticket.
How much is the Southwest Airlines name change fee?
As per the latest information, passengers have to pay USD 150 as the name change fee to the airline. This fee will apply when you request the name change within 24 hours of the reservation. Also, you have to submit the legal documents for changing the name on your Southwest ticket.
If you are requesting a name change after 24 hours of booking, the airline will charge 200 USD as the name change fee. When the name is changed, the airline will reissue the flight ticket on your registered email ID.
How to change the name on the Southwest rapid rewards ticket?
Southwest Airlines name change rapid rewards are fixed through contacting the customer service. Ensure that you must submit the following legal documentations after connecting with the Southwest representatives.
- Marriage License
- Divorce decree
- Old government-issued photo ID along with the new government-issued photo-ID
See Also: Southwest Airlines Change Flight Policy